The Danube Valley between Krems and Melk—known as the Wachau— is as scenic and romantic as Austria gets: famous white wines … castle ruins … charming towns surrounded by steep vineyards … and last but not least, the glorious Melk Abbey. On our day trip we cover the most scenic 40 Kilometres of the Wachau Valley while visiting exclusive wineries. Later we’ll end the day with a boat cruise on the Danube and a brief stop at Melk Abbey for photos. On this spectacular day trip, you’ll fall in love with Austria’s wines and the country’s stunning scenery. Make this small-group tour the highlight of your travels!
Tour start: 9:00am, Max. 8 people per tour
Please note: This tour is operated by our partner Vienna Explorer.
- Danube boat cruise from Spitz to Melk (April 28 - October 7, 2018)
- Guided tour of famous Melk Abbey (October 8, 2018 - April 27, 2019)
- Transport in a 8-seater Mercedes van to and from the Wachau
- Full-day accompanied by expert driver/guide
- Wine tastings at wineries (minimum 2 tastings)
- Lunch and drinks at lunch
- Gratuities for your driver/guide
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- From October 10 to April 27 we run a winter schedule. See booking calendar for available tour dates. The winter tour includes a one hour guided tour of Melk Abbey instead of the one hour Danube boat cruise.
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- Dress comfortably
- Warm clothing in case of cold weather, especially in April & October
- Water – There will be opportunities along the way to refill or purchase bottles of water
- You can cancel your tour up to 48 hours before tour start free of charge, receiving a full refund.
- No refunds will be provided for later cancellations and no-shows.
Meet at the central tour meeting point at 9:00am
Travel to the Wachau by Mercedes van
Wine tasting in Durnstein
Next stop is Weissenkirchen
Lunch in Weissenkirchen at Traditional family-owned wine tavern (not included)
Travel to Spitz for Wine tasting
Danube boat cruise from Spitz to Melk (April 28 - October 7, 2018)
or Guided tour of famous Melk Abbey (October 8, 2018 - April 27, 2019)
Travel back to Vienna by Mercedes van
The tour ends back in Vienna around 6:00pm