Take advantage of your stay in Vienna and visit the Mauthausen concentration camp memorial near Linz in Upper Austria. Between 1938 and 1945 about 200.000 people from all over Europe were imprisoned there. About half of them lost their lives.
Depart from your hotel in Vienna at your preferred time in a private limousine or minivan. Our friendly english-speaking driver will drive you to the Memorial in safety and comfort. Heading west from Vienna you drive across Lower Austria with the vast Viennese Woods and the Melk Abbey as the highlights. Before arriving at Linz you cross the Danube and reach Mauthausen. The transfer time to the Mauthausen Memorial from Vienna is about two hours each way.
The memorial was redesigned in 2010 and the new museum opened its doors only in spring of 2013. With audio-guides in English visit the preserved historic premises, the „Wiener-Graben“ quarry with the „stairs of death“ as well as 20 national monuments and the newly re-opened Visitor Center (admission is not included).
If you book ahead we can arrange a private guided tour of the camp with one of the Memorial's own guides (not included).
After the visit to the memorial your driver will take you to Vienna and back to your hotel.
Duration: 8 hours
- € 790 per group of up to 7 people
- € 1.440 per group of 8 to 15 people
- Pick-up from your hotel in Vienna
- Transfer to Mauthausen in chosen vehicle
- Admission to the Memorial
- Friendly English-speaking driver
- 3-hour stay in Mauthausen
- Drop-off at your hotel in Vienna
- On request we can arrange a 2-hour private guided tour of the camp with one of the Memorial's own guides for a surcharge of € 75. This tour option must be booked at least 7 weeks prior to the tour date.
- Admission to the Memorial is free. Audio-Guides in English are available at the Memorial at a cost of € 3/person.
- If you need to cancel your tour, refunds will be provided based on the following timeline:
- Cancellation at least 10 days before tour date: 85% of the total price
- Cancellation between 3 and 9 days before tour date: 50% of the total price
- Cancellation within 2 days before tour date or no-show: no restitution
Tour start: Travel across Lower Austria to Mauthausen
Stopover in Mauthausen - appx. 3 hours
Self-guided Visit with audio-guide (*available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish)
Departure for Vienna
Short stop for a snack at local restaurant (at own expense) - ca. 30 mins.
Arrival in Vienna