Mauthausen concentration camp in Upper Austria was one of the largest labour camp complexes in the Third Reich. Between 1938 and 1945 about 200,000 people from all over Europe were imprisoned here. Half of them lost their lives. Today, Mauthausen Memorial stands as a reminder of the darkest days of Austria’s history.
Start the tour with a private transfer from Vienna to Mauthausen Memorial. Upon arrival explore the preserved historic premises at your own pace with audio-guides (available in 11 major languages). See the Wiener-Graben quarry, the Stairs of Death, the SS-Quarters, the Camp Prison, the Gas Chamber and visit the newly re-opened Mauthausen Museum.
Heading back to Vienna stop at a local restaurant for lunch (own expense). Your tour concludes back at your hotel in Vienna.
- Start time: 9:30am
- Duration: 8 hours
- It is not recommended to visit Mauthausen Memorial with children under 14 years of age
- Pick-up from your hotel in Vienna
- Roundtrip Transportation to and from Vienna
- Friendly English-speaking driver
- Free admission to Mauthausen Memorial & Museum
- Self-guided tour of the camp with audio-guides (available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian and Spanish)
- Drop-off at your hotel in Vienna
- You can cancel your tour up to 24 hours before tour start free of charge, receiving a full refund
- No refunds will be provided for later cancellations and no-shows
Tour start: Travel across Lower Austria to Mauthausen
Stopover in Mauthausen - appx. 3 hours
Self-guided Visit with audio-guide (*available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish)
Departure for Vienna
Short stop for a snack at local restaurant (at own expense) - ca. 30 mins.
Arrival in Vienna